🎉 Welcome to Searoutes' API reference 👏 Our web service allows you to programmatically access tools and services from the Searoutes ecosystem. You can use these APIs to retrieve information about vessel positions, vessel routes, CO2 emissions, weather, port and airport locations, and other data points.
Note that this is the documentation page for most recent stable version of Searoutes API. For the previous stable versions, visit this documentation page.
Our APIs are organized in 3 collections: report, search and plan. Broadly speaking,
- report gathers information of the past: past vessel routes or voyages, past emissions for a shipment, past weather information.
- search allows you to perform forward and reverse geocoding for locations like ports, airports, zipcodes. You'll also find here information about vessels, their services and carrier information.
- plan is forward looking: plan a vessel voyage, plan CO2 estimations for a shipment, plan weather on route, plan an itinerary for a shipment.
You can jump to our endpoints directly below:
- Our CO2 Shipment calculates the CO2e emissions of a container on several modes of transport
- Our Vessel service gives you up to date positions of vessels and estimated travel times to their next destination.
- Our Weather service lets you explore weather data points in the past, at a location or on a route.
- Our Geocoding service searchs points of interests, like ports or airports, and provides you with their geolocations.
- Our Search service searchs entities used in other endpoints such as carriers or services.
- Our Vessel service allows you to search vessels by name, and find relevant informations on fleets.
- Our CO2 service provides CO2e emissions (i.e CO2 equivalent emissions) statistics of a shipment for a given carrier, and for a given port pair. This is a great tool to estimate emissions when planning a shipment in the future.
- Our Itinerary service searches itineraries operated by carriers for freight transport. You can use it in combination with our CO2 service to explore transport routes.
- Our Route service allows you to plan voyages of vessels, get distances and travel times between ports or points, on land or sea.
- Our Vessel service gives you estimated travel times to their next destination.
- Our Weather service lets you explore weather data points in the future, at a location or on a route.